Monday, February 16, 2009

Challenge 4: Game Title

Right up front, I did not have enough time to come up with a game that fit this name. I am not sure if I was not in a creative state this past weekend, or if I just had a mind blank. When I first saw the word however, I Have a Dream, I thought of Marten Luther King Jr. and how to make a game about African American Awareness in America. The next thing I thought of was a game that I played on Kongregate.com called Dreams. In that game you just try and find the differences between two pictures. The next idea I thought about, came to me after watching a National Geographic show about Wormholes, Space, and Time Travel. This made me think of a more artistic approach to the game in which the game itself is perceived to be a dream. All of these ideas lead me nowhere however, although I believe that the African American Awareness in America game would be the one to go with. While not as enjoyable as other games, if it is done well people can have a good time and learn about what happens to other people.

Over the weekend I thought of the African American Awareness in America type of game because I think that while oppression is less noticeable now than in the early 1900s, it still exists and many people are not aware of it. This game would take a vast amount of research to complete however, as I would have to look up how African Americans were repressed, other than what most people know about, and what is still happening today. Making a game that would represent a dream on the other hand could be easier to accomplish. The game could consist of things such as a fantasy world that you dream of, or a SciFi, futuristic place.

While I don't have a game to present on Monday, I decided it would be best to publish the idea process and thought tracks that I had.

1 comment:

  1. Nick,

    Sorry the game kicked your butt. Kyle Roucis had a similar problem. Please read the comments I made to his blog:

    http://kroucis.wordpress.com/2009/02/17/challenge-3-ko/#comments

    Check out those websites and think over it for awhile. You may continue to work on your game for Monday.

    Please let me know if you have problems like this again, as I can't help you out unless you ask!

    Devin Monnens

    ReplyDelete