Thursday, April 16, 2009

Game Challenge 10: Socially Conscious Game

First, I would like to apologize to my group for not getting this up sooner, as most if not all of you know, my mother was in the hospital to have a tumor removed and we are still unsure if it is a cancer or not. I have had other things on my mind.

Anyway, the game I came up with is based on the human physiology, in the fact that we are all machines, just made up of different materials.

The game is played with each player needing to construct one Lego person.

To start, each player has the torso for the character, they are missing the arms, hands, head, and legs. Players will take turns rolling a D4 dice to move around the play board and trying to collect each piece to complete their person before the other players. First person to achieve this, wins!

The game can be made more difficult for players by adding accessories for the characters, such as needing to complete the helmet and giving their character a cape and weapon.

3 comments:

  1. Nick,

    Sorry to hear about your mother. I will take this into consideration. I hope she gets better soon.

    For your design, did you consider expression of identity as well? For instance, letting the player choose which body parts he wants to mix and match. It's always fun to have a few transgender pirates in the mix. The body parts to the accessories you pick can say something as well.

    -Devin Monnens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left room for interpretation in the rules to allow players to mix and match their characters body parts. I think this allows for a more enjoyable game experience, as more than one player could want a certain torso.

    Might allow something to do with a trading system so players could barter other parts of the character for a piece another player has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FFFF. I can't believe I missed seeing this!

    ReplyDelete