Thursday, April 16, 2009

Revised Game: Business Card

I would like to apologize again to my group for this not being up earlier, read my previous post for the reasons why of course.


So my original game for the business cards I took to mean something other than the actual assignment meant. I made a game that used cards that were about the size of a business card, but that wasn't quite enough.

Based on the feedback of the game however, I decided to revise it and make it better, not necessarily follow the rules of the assignment.

For the revised game, I decided to change the dice to a D8, meaning players could have the option to be required to make 4 sets instead of just 3. Amount of matches needed based on the dice is listed below:
1 or 5: 1 match needed to earn points
2 or 6: 2 matches needed to earn points
3 or 7: 3 matches needed to earn points
4 or 8: 4 matches needed to earn points

I also increased the deck size from just 32 cards to 64. This is a large increase, doubling the size, and also making the game last longer.

I really liked some of the ideas that came about for the first rendition of this game, sadly I can't give erasable cards so players can make new ones each game! This is quite a disappointment in my opinion, as everyone seemed to really enjoy making the cards!

1 comment:

  1. Nick,

    Having playing cards that have your business card on the back is ok. If players are creating their own designs on the back, this can be interesting too as each of your cards will be unique.

    Dice roll plus larger deck also sounds good. You could probably get a little bit more clarity on the rules for choosing matches though.

    -Devin Monnens

    ReplyDelete